Tuesday, June 24, 2008

He ain't Heavy.............. He's just Over Rated!



I was sorting out my collection of photographs, and came across this interesting photograph of my buddy when we were in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, May 2007, riding the "cyclo". It was a memorable trip for all of us till this very day. It was the trip that we had planned for ages but never took off until we finally pack our bags and took full 2 weeks off from our job and went backpacking to Cambodia and Vietnam.

We were so "obvious" as tourist during our trip..... because by the look of our over rated sizes, we definately stands out among the locals! I'd buy the biggest size of T-shirts sold and didn't even bother to check out the size for pants! Even the stall owners would recommend without doubt, pulling out the biggest size they have, before we even get to choose our likings. The it gets us wondering if the 'L' size is as big as ours?...... well, to our surprised, it does varies. Cambodian size 'L' fits us just nice, but the Vietnamese size 'L' is aaaa littleeeee... ahem!..... blame it on the super delicious vietnamese cuisine, I guess!?

2 comments:

  1. I was size 12 when this happened...

    I went to Target one day, and tried on a few singlets which looks like my size (didn't check the "label" for sizes at all)... hehehe...

    To my surprise, the singlet labeled "SIZE 16" and it fits me "perfectly" (or maybe a little tight - but I didn't wanna go one sizes UP anymore seeing it's already "size 16")... $%^%@#... lolx...

    So there you go... !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every CHinese New Year, urder garments would be one of my personal shopping list...... but I'd just have to trust the sizes shown at the box because otherwise, I could try to fit and there's no return of goods sold.....Well, so far so good!

    ReplyDelete