Monday, June 23, 2008

Overcast shadow on a sunny bright day


I woke up to the the bright sunlight escaping through my window curtains, almost like any other day but today, I slept in late due to the football match earlier in the morning. I didn’t receive any phone messages or calls these days unlike when I was on duty. Then, after a long quiet morning, I receive a brief message from a close ‘subject’…… I call her a close subject as I’m still studying her and trying to understand her….. and at the end of the day, it’ll still depend if I pass or fail the subject.

Overcast shadow on a sunny bright day………my shadows are not defined…..what if I’m put into this final test when I’ve yet to be fully prepared for the answers ahead. This is a test where all my academic knowledge is judged…. Mathematics, to justify my time of arrival for the appointment, ……… Biology, to present my body language appropriately, ……….History, to remember all the dates from the past, ………… Physics, to interpret the next action,……. And finally Chemistry, is there a bond between Us?

Forget all the rules of attraction, or rules of attention, I just go with rules to abandon. I’ll not be punctual…. I’ll not even look in the mirror before I leave home……. I’ll look at her action during that situation……….I’ll leave matters overnight for the chemical reaction. There’s no rule which says you’ll prevail over overnight’s revision. And even if we get straight ‘As’, doesn’t mean that we’ll be able to handle the real world of practice. Most of all, results don’t come immediately……….. Surprised me!

No comments:

Post a Comment